Smucker's® Cherry Swirl Coffee Cake7 Reviews
“Sweet swirls of cherry preserves make this coffee cake especially delightful.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 2 Coffee Cakes
- Heat 1-1/4 cups milk, salt, granulated sugar, and shortening in small saucepan just to boiling; cool to lukewarm (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F).
- Stir in yeast; transfer mixture to medium bowl.
- Add one cup of the flour to milk mixture; beat well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a thick batter; beat until smooth. Let rise, covered, in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about one hour.
- Stir batter down. Pour batter into two greased nine-inch round cake pans; let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about one hour. Make a swirl design on top of batter with a floured spoon; fill grooves with preserves, using 1/4 cup for each coffee cake.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake coffee cakes until golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from pans, cool on wire racks.
- Fill grooves with remaining preserves.
- Mix powdered sugar, with enough milk to make thin glaze consistency; drizzle over warm coffee cakes. Sprinkle with almonds.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 182 cal
- 5.4 g
- 29.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This is wonderful. Since I don't like Cherries or anything flavored in Cherry. I used STrawberry instead. Will defiantely make again and again and my family loved it. If you don't love to back probabl..." See morey not the recipe for you as it does take a little time, but it was perfect for me!"
"SPLIT THIS IN TWO UNLESS YOU WANT TWO LARGE COFFEE CAKES!! You wouldn't notice that unless you read the recipe first. I don't think you'll need two big cakes (large plate size) at once. A nice swee..." See moret-bread type coffee cake with a light glaze and a small stripe of cherry in each piece. My husband really likes this. It's not what I traditionally think of as coffee cake (more bumpy with sugary bits, and a square instead of a circle, I guess - lol), but that's what makes it special. It looks a little fancier, I think. I used Bonne Maman Preserves (Cherry) from France b/c that's what they had at our Vons, and it was good."
Smucker's(R) Oatmeal Carmelitas
P B and J Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.