Caramel Cream Apple Crunch Pie2 Reviews
“Filled with creamy caramel apples and sprinkled with an almond and gingersnap crumb topping, this is a rich, decadent twist on apple pie.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Prepare recipe for single crust pie. Roll out and place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Flute edges. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crumb Topping: Mix 1 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and gingersnap crumbs. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almond pieces.
- Sprinkle 1 cup crumb topping in bottom of unbaked pie crust. Reserve remaining for on top of apples.
- Apple Filling: Combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large saucepan. Stir in apple slices. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in caramel topping, yogurt and flour.
- Spoon filling into prepared pie crust. Sprinkle top with remaining crumb topping. Place pie plate on cookie sheet to handle easier.
- Bake 50 minutes or until browned and apples are tender. Cover crust with foil last 10 minutes if it browns too quickly. Cool.
- Serve with ice cream. Add a dollop of whipped cream or drizzle with additional caramel topping, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 764 cal
- 32.8 g
- 110.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Apple Butter Anniversary Cake
Chocolate Banana Cream Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.