Jammin' Beef Stew51 Reviews
“This hearty beef stew can be prepared either on the stove top, or in a slow cooker, depending on your preference.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- STOVE TOP METHOD: Spray a 4-1/2 quart Dutch oven with no-stick spray.
- Place meat in pot. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Toss with meat to coat evenly. Add onions, carrots, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, grape jam, broth or water. Mix to combine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes, simmering 30 minutes more or until meat and potatoes are fork-tender. Remove bay leaves. Add chopped parsley, stirring to combine gravy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD: Spray slow cooker with no-stick spray.
- Place meat in cooker. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Toss with meat to coat evenly. Add onions, carrots, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, grape jam, broth or water and potatoes. Mix to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours) or until meat is fork-tender. Remove bay leaves. Add chopped parsley, stirring to combine gravy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 690 cal
- 46.1 g
- 35.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (51)Rate This Recipe
"My family loved this stew. I used 8oz vegetable broth in place of the beef broth, and "sugar free" grape jam. I omitted the fresh parsley and I added frozen peas and corn. The sweetness from the jam..." See more was pleasant."
"This is the ONLY way I will ever make beef stew in the future ! I've been making stew for well over 40 years and it has never turned out as tasty as this ! I followed the recipe exactly.... may redu..." See morece the jelly to 1/4 cup next time. Excellent recipe !"
"This was the best beef stew I've ever had. The only changes I made was to add three celery stalks chopped, one minced clove of garlic, and I used beef broth instead of water. I did not add the jelly...." See more I also added about 2 extra tablespoons of flour right before adding the potatoes to thicken it up a bit. It was literally amazing and this recipe will be made again and again by me!! Thank you!!!"
Beef Brisket with Mushrooms and Pearl Onions
Hawaiian Smoked Sausage
Just swipe to see more like this.