Peanut Butter and Apple Stuffed Pork Chops5 Reviews
“Here's a savory variation on stuffed pork chops -- apples, bread crumbs, and a bit of peanut butter combine for a rich flavor under a sweet apple glaze.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Make a pocket in each pork chop with small knife by cutting horizontally from outside edge almost to bone.
- In a medium bowl combine apple, shallot, bread crumbs and peanut butter; mix well. Shape stuffing mixture into four equal patties.
- Place one stuffing patty into each pork chop pocket. Using wooden toothpicks (2 to 3 per chop), close each pocket to prevent stuffing from falling out during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly coat baking pan with the no-stick cooking spray. Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat oven-proof frying pan with the no-stick cooking spray. Season chops with salt and pepper. Place large, oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Fry pork chops in pan, cooking about 8 minutes, turning once, or until well browned on both sides.
- Remove pan from stove and place in hot oven to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Baste pork chops with melted jelly during last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 307 cal
- 12.2 g
- 39.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe turned out alright. The pork itself was tender and flavorful but I'm undecided as to how I feel about peanut butter and pork. It was definately interesting and worth a try if you like me..." See moreat that is unique and on the sweeter side."
"my husband loved it. I used chops that might of been cut a bit too thin though, was hard to stuff..." See more"
Peanut Butter Fudgy Bars
Apple-Glazed Pork Chops
Just swipe to see more like this.