Peanut Butter Delight Cake2 Reviews
“Fans of the decadent peanut butter-chocolate combo will go nuts for this cake!” - by Jif®
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 10-inch (12-cup) bundt pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat shortening, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar on low speed until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition until well blended. Spoon 2 cups batter into medium bowl. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate syrup. Spoon plain batter into pan. Spoon chocolate batter over plain batter. Do not mix.
- Bake 70 to 80 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cake will rise, then fall during baking. Place cake, fluted side up, on serving plate. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl blend powdered sugar, 1/4 cup chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add water, a few drops at a time, until glaze is of desired consistency. Spoon over top of cake. Sprinkle with nuts.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 558 cal
- 22.8 g
- 78.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"First, only had to cook 60 minutes, and 55 would probably would have been okay. Made this when trying to use buttermilk that was about to be out of date. We ate it warm, so just drizzled the glaze on..." See more each individual slice. Good, moist cake, but not in the "decadent" category. The peanut butter and chocolate are not intense flavors. The glaze defnately helps provide that extra sweet factor. Hubby ate two pieces, so it must be good!"
Jif(R) Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Marbled Peanut Butter Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.