Beefy Stew2 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Brimming with beef and vegetables, this savory stew is served in delectably edible flaky pastry 'bowls'. Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets makes this rustic supper dish easy.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Cut pastry into 4 (4-inch) rounds. Place rounds on baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle beef with black pepper. Coat beef with flour.
- Heat oil in saucepot. Add beef and cook until browned.
- Add soup and broth. Heat to a boil. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until beef is done and sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste.
- Divide stew among 4 (12-ounce) bowls. Top each with pastry round.
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Nice because its quick and easy, but I did not care for it. I think it might have been because I put to much flour, but I'm not sure - the beef and pastry was good, the soup was not. ..." See more"
"I like that this is 'semi-homemade'. It's inexpensive to make and easily put together. However, I would recommend that you cook your beef in the broth until it's tender, or season it with a salt-l..." See moreess meat tenderizer when you do the pepper and then cook it in the broth. If you add it to the soup and the broth at the same time, you will still have tough pieces of meat. It's also important that you pick a Campbell's soup that you like."
Swanson(R) Pan-Seared Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
Hearty Mixed Bean Stew with Sausage
Just swipe to see more like this.