Artichoke and Herb Tarts5 Reviews
- Prep: 55 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This cheesy artichoke and herb tart is perfect for entertaining.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they're easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese until the ingredients are mixed. Stir in the artichokes, red pepper and parsley. Season to taste.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the sheet into a 12-inch square. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the edges of the pastry with water. Fold over the edges 1/2 inch on all sides, pressing firmly with a fork to form a rim. Prick the pastry thoroughly with a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastry.
- Divide the cheese mixture between the pastry crusts and spread to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Sprinkle each with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"My taste testers loved this one. I rated it a four because reading the recipe, it sure seemd like there was way too much cheese to hold up to the deleicate puff pastry crust, so I made a few modifica..." See moretions which I hate when people do and then rate a recipe, but I really thought it necessary. I used only about 1/2 to 2/3 of the cheese amounts called for. I had beautiful artichoke hearst so I did not mix them into the cheese mixture, I arranged them on top. I also cut the pastry sheets in half lengthwise to make longer tarts. I was worried that a more square shape would have caused the puff pastry to get mushy in the middle. Doing the rectangular shapes worked better, I think. I also used freshly roasted sweet red peppers instead of the jarred ones. This was really a nice appetizer that my testers enjoyed very much. I will be making this again. It might be good with just a little sprinkling of crab meat too."
"I did these a little different because I did triangles and they were wonderful!!!..." See more"
Spinach and Feta Mini-Calzones
Just swipe to see more like this.