Zucchini Bread, Pumpkin Style2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Although I love zucchini bread, I wanted a new way to prepare it. After some thought I decided to try preparing it pumpkin bread style, since they are both in the squash family. I boiled my zucchini (skins attached), and then pureed it. It is so similar to pumpkin bread in texture, and the taste... it is out of this world. ” - by DitzyDame
Original recipe yields 3 loaves
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 9x5 inch loaf pans, and set aside.
- Place the zucchini chunks into a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the zucchini are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the zucchini, place them in a blender, and blend until they are pureed, about 2 minutes. Let the zucchini puree cool for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a bowl, and stir to eliminate lumps.
- Place the zucchini puree in a large bowl, and whisk in the oil, eggs, and sugar. Beat in the flour mixture to form a thick batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared loaf pans, and bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned and the loaves spring back when gently pressed, 45 minutes to 1 hour. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 242 cal
- 10.2 g
- 35.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Wow! This is delicious! It is a little bit of work but boy is it worth it! I did add toasted walnuts and used a little less of the cloves and nutmeg but otherwise followed the recipe exactly... will b..." See moree making this again!"
Caley's Classic Zucchini Bread
Super Moist Zucchini Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.