Meat Filled Manicotti117 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a tasty and filling dish that can be nicely paired with a green salad if desired.” - by teppij
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and cool. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown beef on medium heat. Drain and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine beef, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg whites and oregano. Mix well. Stuff shells with mixture.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour enough spaghetti sauce in dish to cover the bottom. Place stuffed noodles in the dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce and top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 668 cal
- 33.3 g
- 50.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (117)Rate This Recipe
"THE KEY TO EASY MANICOTTI IS TO JUST BOIL THE PASTA TO HALF THE RECCOMENDED TIME ON THE PACKAGE- THEN PLACE COLD WATER OVER MANICOTTI. WHEN COOLED, REMOVE FROM WATER AND STUFF WITH PASTRY BAG OR ZIP-..." See moreLOCK BAG (WITH CORNER CUT)."
"WOW, WOW, and WOW! I used ricotta instead of cottage, and I used mozerella/provolone mixture. Put a lil onion and garlic in with the hamburger while cooking, and WOW! ..." See more"
Stuffed Shells I
Just swipe to see more like this.