Raspberry French Silk Pie5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 10 hr
“Your classic silky, chocolate pie-but with a delicious raspberry twist! Garnished with whipped topping, mint leaves, and fresh raspberries, this is a beautiful dessert.” - by SillyBarista
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- To make the crust, combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in the shortening with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, water, and lemon juice. Sprinkle wet ingredients over the flour mixture and toss lightly with a fork until the flour mixture is moistened. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to three days.
- Roll the dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place the dough in the pie plate, trimming the edge to form a 1 inch overhang. Fold the extra dough under itself and decoratively crimp the edge of the crust. Chill the pastry-filled pie pan at least 20 minutes before baking to prevent shrinkage.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Line pastry with a double layer of aluminum foil and a layer of pie weights or dried beans. Bake in the preheated oven until edge of crust is golden, about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and weights and bake until the crust has set, about 5 minutes more. Cool completely before adding filling.
- To make the filling, melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Let it cool until room temperature but still fluid. Meanwhile, beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add the sugar, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy. It should be noticeably lighter in color. Blend in the cooled melted chocolate and the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, beating at high speed for 2 minutes and scraping down the sides of the bowl well after each addition.
- Spread a thin layer (about 1/4 inch) of raspberry jam on the bottom of the cooled pie crust. Spoon the chocolate filling on top of the jam and smooth the surface. Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, garnish each slice with a dollop of whipped topping, 3 fresh raspberries, and a mint leaf.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 547 cal
- 34.7 g
- 57 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"WAY TOO SWEET!!! The chocolate part was edible. The finished product was almost inedible. The only change I made was I didn't make my own pie shell. I don't think that could have made that much of..." See more a difference to the final taste. I whipped the chocolate filling for more than 2 minutes. It was terribly grainy, almost crunchy. The only thing I could suggest is to use sugar free jam. MAYBE that would help."
"Great! And yes, tooooooo sweet, which i love! I also didn't do the crust and instead of having that big pie, i make small pies so i can take one for a snack at work. Addition to the garnish, i put j..." See moreelly raspberry flavor and powder chocolate. It's my sister's birthday in a couple of days, she will probably surprise and like it, specially that i made it myself. Thank you for the recipe! I tought doing pies is really hard, but after this, i don't think so."
French Silk Chocolate Pie
Blueberry Raspberry Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.