The Truly Most Fantastic Chocolate Brownies7 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“You're gonna love the rich chocolate flavor and special chocolate frosting. I think this recipe makes the best chocolate brownie ever! Try them!” - by bluelovers
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x9 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch square pan.
- In a double boiler, or in the microwave, melt 5 squares of unsweetened chocolate with 2/3 cup butter. Combine hot water and instant coffee, stir into the melted chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat in eggs, egg yolks, and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Sift together flour, baking powder, and cocoa; mix into the egg mixture. Next, mix in the cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, melt the remaining 3 squares of unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler. Stir in sour milk, and 1 tablespoon sugar; stir until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in the rum. Spread over the cooled brownies, and sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Allow the frosting to set before cutting into bars.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 278 cal
- 19.4 g
- 25.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"These were horrible---so sour and dry! What a waste of time and ingredients to prepare these. I even added extra sugar to both the brownies and icing, still tasteless. Nobody would touch them after..." See more one bite. Threw them out!"
"I would not call this fantastic. My advise is spread it thinner next time. It took forever to cook. I baked it for 1.20sec and the people at work still says it's not cook inside. It's too hard, and o..." See moren the bitter side. I will not make it again."
Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.