Peanut Caramel Apple Crisp9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 57 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 17 min
“I LOVE caramel apples during the fall, especially covered with peanuts! This recipe came about while I was making caramel apples and my husband was making an apple pie.. and the two came together into a perfect combination! I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!!” - by Brooke Elizabeth
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place 1 cup butter, 2 cups brown sugar, condensed milk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in a pan over medium-high heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat to medium, and continue to stir while mixture simmers for about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup peanuts.
- Place apples in a mixing bowl. Pour in the caramel sauce, and toss gently to coat apples. Pour into the prepared pan.
- To make the crumb topping, use a pastry blender or two forks to mix 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup brown sugar, white sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl until crumbly. Stir in 1/4 cup peanuts. Sprinkle over the top of the apples. Place baking dish on a cookie sheet to prevent spills while baking.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is crisped and apples can be pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 356 cal
- 15.3 g
- 55.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"The second time we made this, we used fat free sweetened condensed milk and light butter, and it was just as great!! I'm not sure why it would be soupy, perhaps the caramel never candied? Make sure ..." See moreyou cook the caramel mixture long enough before adding it to the apples, so possibly longer than 12 minutes. We have a very hot gas stove. Also, we used VERY large apples, so many more apples would be necessary. I really hope it turns out well for you; we absolutly love this dish and are also making it for Thanksgiving :)"
"I just made this for Thanksgiving tomorrow and mine came out "soupy" also. I'm very dissapointed although I have other desserts my family was really looking forward to this one. I'm not sure what ha..." See moreppened but along with it being soupy it was very greasy. My topping never got crumbly either. This was a huge dissapointed the night before Thanksgiving and I don't think I'll try this one again. "
Best Ever Caramel Apple Crisp
Apple Crisp IV
Just swipe to see more like this.