Angie's Perfect Dinner Rolls309 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 35 min
“This is a recipe given to me by my aunt. The rolls are excellent!!!!” - by Cristy H.
Original recipe yields 36 rolls
- Pour milk into a large mixing bowl, and sprinkle yeast over the surface. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Beat in the sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup butter, and salt; blend thoroughly. Gradually stir in the flour to make a soft dough. Cover bowl, and set in a warm place until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough, cover the bowl, and allow to rise again. Repeat this step two more times.
- Break off 2 to 3 inch size pieces of dough, roll lightly into round shape, and place in prepared baking dish, edges touching. Repeat to make 36 dough balls. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until tops turn golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. When rolls are finished baking, drizzle melted butter over the top, and serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 158 cal
- 6 g
- 22.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (309)Rate This Recipe
"I am first of all a long time yeast dough maker and familiar how things should be done. These are excellent! Because I have a dough hook, I put all wet ingredients including the butter (I warmed it ..." See morewith the milk)...then the dry ingredients from smallest amounts to the largest. Dough is slightly wet, and it would not hurt to add a little extra flour, perhaps a 1/2 cup. I also egg washed (beaten egg with 1 TBL water)and brushed them. The rolls shined coming out of the oven. Will make these again. Urge you to give this a try."
"I am 10 years old and I love these rolls!!!!!!!!! If I had to chose ice cream or these rolls, I would diffenitly chose the rolls...." See more"
"Followed the directions exactly and got nice fluffy, beautiful dinner rolls! Everybody loved them and they made great little sandwich rolls the following day. Watch the quantity though, this recipe ..." See moremakes 36 rolls which is a lot of rolls for a small family! I cut the recipe in half and still got 20. Also if you are having a hard time getting the dough to rise while in the bowl, heat up your oven and then turn it off and leave the bowl of dough to rest on top of your oven door while the door is open, it helped my dough to rise. Will definitely make again!"
Sweet Dinner Rolls
Grandma's Clover Leaf Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.