Breaded Brussels Sprouts198 Reviews
“This is an excellent recipe for Xmas dinner and is very simple to prepare. This recipe is from my cookbook, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen.” - by William Anatooskin
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut an "X", about 1/8 inch deep in the stem of the sprouts, (this helps cook the sprouts more evenly and quickly).
- In a medium-size pot, cover Brussels sprouts with water, add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until tender; drain. Be careful not to overcook sprouts.
- Place sprouts in a small casserole dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the sprouts and mix well to coat.
- Combine parmesan cheese, dried bread crumbs, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt and remaining butter and mix well; sprinkle mixture over sprouts.
- Heat sprouts under broiler (about 4 inches away from heat) for about 5 minutes or until crumb mixture is lightly browned. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 75 cal
- 4.6 g
- 6.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (198)Rate This Recipe
"I usually don't consider brussel sprouts my favorite vegetable because they have a bitter flavor and after-taste. However, I decided to give this receipe a try due to the previous reviews. I have to..." See more admit, it really dresses up the sprouts and improves the flavor! The crumb topping is really yummy and masks the bitter taste. Great recipe and even my picky husband liked it! If you have kids, this is a great way to get them to eat veggies that they normally don't like. As for the the previous reviewer CHADERINKAIA who said, "would not reccomend, unless you are absolutely a brussel sprout fan" ... I think that's a given. No matter how much you dress up a food, it's still going to have some of its original flavor. If you hate brussel sprouts, don't make this dish because it'll still taste like brussel sprouts! Duh! It doesn't matter how much merlot wine sauce you put on dog food, it will still taste like dog food."
"These were sooo yummy!! I added a few splashes of soy sauce to mine. I guess I felt like being creative and boy am I glad I did, because it made them taste delicious. My husband and I enjoy brussel..." See mores sprouts and this is definitely a recipe I'll use again and again. Thanks William for this recipe and for all of the others you have submitted to this site!"
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Spicy Brussels Sprouts
Just swipe to see more like this.