Special Occasion Stuffed Crown Pork Roast49 Reviews
“A special crown roast with a regal cranberry apple stuffing. This roast will turn any dinner party into a special occasion and your guests will feel like royalty!” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Season pork roast with salt and pepper to taste, then place on a rack in an open roasting pan, rib ends down.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 2 hours. Roast will be only partially cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cranberries and sugar and mix well; set aside. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery and saute until tender, about 10 minutes. Add cranberry mixture, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, bread cubes, apples, apple juice, egg and poultry seasoning. Toss well.
- After the two hours, remove roast from oven. Turn rib ends up and fill cavity with cranberry/apple stuffing. Insert meat thermometer between two ribs in the thickest part of the meat, making sure that end of thermometer does not touch any bone.
- Return stuffed roast to oven and continue roasting at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of meat reaches 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). (Note: If stuffing becomes too brown, cover it with aluminum foil.)
- To Serve: Place roast on warm platter and let stand for 15 minutes for easier carving. Slice between ribs to carve, and serve with stuffing.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 713 cal
- 36.9 g
- 43.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is a real crowd pleaser. I added 2 1/2 cups of the whole cranberry sauce instead of the cranberries, apple juice and sugar. The dressing was delicious. I used a rub of sage, rosemary, salt..." See more, garlic, shallots and olive oil on the roast. The house smelled great! My roast didn't take as long to cook either, at 7.75 pounds, but I was keeping an eye out, so it turned out moist and tender. I laid some apples cut in half on the rack with the roast when cooking, and put them on the outside of the platter when serving. Made quite the presentation, bone booties and all!"
"One Rib per person was fine, Delete the egg and apple juice in the stuffing if the bread crumbs are fresh. I found the roast overcooked when it reached 175 internal temperature. Next time I would t..." See moreake it out at 155-160 and let it rest for 15 minutes. The temperature should go up 5 degrees in resting."
"The dressing recipe here was good. I have always loved roast pork and crown roasts for the festivity of it. As I read the recipe, it seemed 375 degrees was a high temperature for cooking meat. I cooke..." See mored it for the exact amount of time since I did not have a meat thermometer. My roast was 10 lbs and it still came out quite dry. My oven has an accurate temperature for baking. Next time I will cook it at the high temperature the first hour and then reduce the heat to 325."
Marinated Pork Roast with Currant Sauce
Bacon Mustard Pork Roast with Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Just swipe to see more like this.