Coconut Walnut Biscotti47 Reviews
“A new version of an old favorite. The coconut adds flavor and texture.” - by CARL THE COOK
Original recipe yields 3 1/2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Stir in the coconut extract and the eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the coconut and walnuts.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece out into a log about 10 inches long. Place them on an unprepared cookie sheet and flatten them until they are about 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm. Cool on baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice the logs crosswise into 1/2 inch wide slices. Place slices cut side down onto the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes, until crisp and light brown. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 237 cal
- 10.7 g
- 31.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (47)Rate This Recipe
"I serve this biscotti every Christmas and it is a big hit. I made a few changes: I decreased the flour to 3 cups (perfect), increased the coconut to 3/4 cup and toasted it, and used toasted pecans or..." See more almonds instead of walnuts (I like the flavor of the other two better). One time I forgot to add the coconut extract and the coconut flavor was not nearly so pronounced. I usually drizzle chocolate over the top for looks. This is a really great recipe, and if you like coconut you will fall in love."
"This is a nice twist on walnut biscotti. I'd like to offer these suggestions to aid in flavor and forming: Decrease flour to 3 cups, toast the coconut til lightly browned and crunchy and increase to 1..." See more cup, add a generous Tablespoon of Malibu rum instead of the coconut flavoring. Proceed with recipe as written. "
Chocolate Nut Biscotti
Orange Almond Biscotti I
Just swipe to see more like this.