Caramel Corn Snack Mix22 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“A crunchy and delicious snack mix made with pretzels, popcorn, and pecans.” - by Leslie
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Place popcorn in a large pot with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Over a low heat, begin to pop the popcorn. Constantly shake the pot to ensure that the popcorn kernels and oil do not burn. Once the popping has slowed, remove the pot from heat.
- In a large saucepan, mix butter or margarine, brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring this mixture to a boil (over a medium heat) while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and do not stir for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and mix in baking powder and vanilla extract, stirring carefully.
- In a large baking pan, combine popcorn, pretzels, cereal and pecans. Pour the butter mixture over the popcorn mixture, stir to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring the mixture after the first 15 minutes have elapsed.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 354 cal
- 19.3 g
- 45.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"This has an excellent taste! I have two suggestions though: (1) Try not to make this during humid weather so that the caramel won't get as hard, and (2) You might spread this out on wax paper after ta..." See moreking out of the oven (while still pliable) so it won't clump together. I will definately make this again !!!"
"Brought this to a get together. It was the first thing the guests went, for and didn't stop until it was finished!..." See more"
"Everyone at the birthday party (both adults & children) loved it. Some suggested substituting Spanish peanuts for the pecans and pretzel nuggets for the twists. And it does stick to your teeth a lit..." See moretle bit but all in all, I will definitely make this for future get-togethers!"
My Amish Friend's Caramel Corn
Caramel Corn III
Just swipe to see more like this.