Shepherd's Pie III45 Reviews
“Everything you need is in this one-pot meal. All you add is a salad! Preparation time: 30 minutes This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.” - by Robyn Webb
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain off water, then mash potatoes with hot milk and olive oil until fluffy. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, brown the turkey and ground beef. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add carrot and saute an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain off any excess fat. Add beef broth to meat mixture and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water. Add cornstarch mixture and tomato paste to meat mixture. Simmer until thickened, stirring frequently. Add peas, salt, and pepper. Stir well, then spoon mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish. Top with potatoes, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until potatoes are browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 314 cal
- 11.4 g
- 35.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"This was an excellent meal. It was very easy for me- and, seeing as i'm only 14, this means very easy. I used all turkey and instant mashed potatoes, and it still came out perfect. The instant potatoe..." See mores really saved a lot of time and trouble without sacrificing taste. It was a little underseasoned, so i would suggest that you do what i did- add garlic powder. Along with the other veggies, i added a small can of sliced mushrooms, which i love and added some nice texture. I took the advice of other people who reviewed the recipe and put in 3 tablespoons of tomato paste. It really was delicious, and i will definitely make this over and over again."
"Great recipe! I used frozen mixed vegies and added some mushrooms, worchesterhire sauce, and extra cayenne. I also used only ground turkey. Can easily be modifed to use whatever you have in the hou..." See morese. Will make again!"
"I made quite a few changes, and this turned out amazing! It was so simple. I added garlic, worchester, cayenne, paprika, seasoning salt, etc. I also used a can of mushrooms and 2 cups of frozen mixed ..." See moreveggies. I added a few tablespoons of parsley to the mashed potatoes for some extra colour. Can't wait to make this again, Thanks!"
Grilled Chicken with Herbs
Shepherd's Pie II
Just swipe to see more like this.