Carrot Spice and Walnut Pie9 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“I modified the wonderfully creative recipe submitted by P.L. Weiss with terrific results. A new autumn favorite with my vegetarian friends. The fresh carrots really make a difference. Enjoy!” - by DJKD
Original recipe yields 1 deep dish pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Steam carrots until soft but not mushy. Cool slightly.
- Place carrots in food processor and puree until smooth. Add honey, eggs, butter or margarine, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and walnuts. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and white sugar, mixing well to get all lumps out. Fold sugar mixture gradually into carrot mixture until well incorporated. Pour mixture into partially baked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve pie warm or cold. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 331 cal
- 16.7 g
- 44.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this recipe was EXCELLENT. Tasted very similiar to pumpkin pie (which I happen to love, but have no interest in making from scratch!). It's healthy (at least relative to other pies!) becau..." See morese of the carrots as well. One tip I have, you don't need a food processor to puree the carrots (I don't own one). I put the carrots in my steamer for a little bit. Then put the carrots in the bowl that I was going to use anyway, and smushed them by using my hand held blender. Worked out great! Highly recommend this recipe!"
"great pie I've made this before but I boiled the carrots in the honey and added ginger as this really compliments the carrots well....yummy..." See more"
Mocha Walnut Pie
Walnut Brownie Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.