Spoon Buns1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“Easiest and tastiest bread rolls ever! No kneading, no rolling, no cutting!” - by Stephanie
Original recipe yields 12 rolls
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in a small bowl. Let stand for a few minutes so the yeast can dissolve. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, shortening, caraway, salt, and nutmeg. Heat the milk in a small saucepan just until a skin forms on the top. Remove from the heat and stir into the shortening mixture. Allow to cool to lukewarm so that it will not kill the yeast.
- Stir the egg and yeast into the bowl with the milk and gradually mix in the flour using a sturdy wooden spoon until the you get a stiff batter. Cover loosely and set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Grease the cups of a muffin tin, and spoon batter into the cups filling half way full. Let rise again in a warm place until the dough rises above the top of the cups, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, 12 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 166 cal
- 3.3 g
- 29 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I followed this as written (didn't have nutmeg) and they were very nice! However the dough was anything but a batter. I measured out the 3 1/4 cups of flour twice to make sure I wasn't mistaken and th..." See moreat amount was too much. It was a fairly stiff dough for me (ended up not using the last 1/4 - 1/3 cup) but I still followed through - formed them into buns and baked them in a muffin tin. Delish! But will try again, though."
Belles Hamburger Buns
Just swipe to see more like this.