Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cornbread Dressing37 Reviews
“This is a quick and easy meal if you have leftover cornbread on hand, or use a packaged mix. The chicken livers are optional, but do give this an authentic Southern flair!” - by carina
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut a pocket into the side of each piece of chicken, going to within 1/2 inch of each edge. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and chicken livers; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sage; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Pour in the chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Gently stir in the cornbread crumbs and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Spoon some of the stuffing into the pocket of each piece of chicken. Arrange them in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon any leftover stuffing into the pan to surround the chicken. Stir together the condensed chicken soup and water; pour over the top off the chicken. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the center of the stuffed breasts has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) and the chicken has browned on top.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 370 cal
- 14.7 g
- 26.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"This was a VERY delicious recipe! I didn't use any bell peppers or the chicken liver(we don't like) and I used cream of mushroom instead of chicken. I also used milk instead of water with the soup and..." See more it is definately a keeper. This was the very first time that I have made stuffed chicken and this recipe was quite easy! My husband actually asked for seconds...which isn't too often..LOL Thanks for sharing this great recipe!!"
"Hi, I'm Carina, the author of this recipe, and just wanted to say that I made it this weekend with a little cooked bulk Italian sausage in place of the chicken livers, and it was a nice change and sti..." See morell very tasty!"
Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Asparagus and Parmesan Rice
Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Just swipe to see more like this.