Roasted Acorn Squash and Crawfish Bisque2 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 2 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“Fall acorn squash roasted with warm spices, butter, and brown sugar. Finished with fresh basil and Louisiana Crawfish tails.” - by Chef Q
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine the brown sugar with 1/4 cup butter, cinnamon, and five spice powder in a microwave safe bowl. Cook in the microwave on High until the butter has completely melted. Place the acorn squash cut side up onto the aluminum foil; brush with the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the squash is tender and golden brown, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and scoop out and reserve the flesh.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, celery, and bell pepper. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the acorn squash, garlic, and seafood stock. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir the cream and basil into the simmering soup; season with nutmeg, salt, and white pepper. Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup right in the cooking pot. Once pureed, add the crawfish tails, and simmer a few minutes until hot.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 334 cal
- 17.4 g
- 30 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I had to make this soup twice and I learned some important things. Do not try to save time by putting the squash in the microwave. Drain any excess liquid in the squash before removing the flesh. G..." See morereen bell is OK, half and half is not. We thought it was too sweet the first time, so I removed the nutmeg and added 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1 tsp. ginger and 1/2 tsp. cumin. Also 1 cup basil seemed alot so I used 2 Tbs. dried basil. I was surprised to find the crawfish at Walmart, but I did add shrimp to the first batch. It's a lot of work, but I would make it again."
Cheesy Acorn Squash
Roasted Acorn Squash Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.