Pear and Prosciutto Pizza29 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This gourmet-style pizza is both sweet and savory.” - by bostoncook
Original recipe yields 1 pizza
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place the garlic in a small square of aluminum foil. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over the garlic. Wrap foil around garlic to seal.
- Roast the garlic in the preheated oven until soft, about 20 minutes. Smash roasted cloves with a fork.
- Place the pears in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil; toss to coat. Arrange pear slices on a baking sheet.
- Bake in hot oven until soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Preheat a pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven.
- Lightly dust a flat surface with flour. Roll the prepared pizza crust dough out onto the prepared surface. Dust a baking sheet with cornmeal. Lay the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mashed garlic onto the dough; top with the Swiss cheese. Arrange the pears, prosciutto, and mozzarella cheese onto the pizza. Season with salt and pepper. Brush the edges of the crust with the 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 618 cal
- 30.7 g
- 54.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"Very excellent base recipe! Rated 4 stars instead of 5 for unnecessary prep time. I made a couple preparation changes which simplified and cut the time . 1. Whizzed olive oil and raw garlic with s..." See moretick blender, spread on pizza crust and skipped the pre-baking garlic step . 2. Sliced pears thinly and skipped pre-baking them as well. They were nice and tender nonetheless. Substituted feta cheese for the mozzarella, which gave a great tangy-ness against the sweetness of the pears. My 14 y/o daughter said "this taste's awesome!" and hubby said, "you could open a restaurant with this pizza". Will definitely make again with the above changes. Thanks for the great idea, Bostoncook!"
"This was really good, I liked the combination of salty and sweet. I thin sliced the pears, and I also raosted the garlic and cooked the pears at the same time in the oven. Will make again...." See more"
Pear and Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza
Italian Pesto Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.