Cherry Mandlbrodt4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“Often referred to as Jewish biscotti, my grandmother got this recipe from a neighbor over 40 years ago. They both used almonds, my mother used walnuts and I prefer pecans. It has a sweeter taste and softer texture than biscotti. A great hit with kids!” - by Shortcake
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cookies
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Beat the vegetable oil and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the sugar mixture before adding the next. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the pecans and cherries; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Using lightly greased hands, divide dough into 2 equal portions. Form 2 loaves about 10 inches long and 3 inches wide and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut each loaf into 3/4 inch slices. Place slices cut side up, back on the baking sheet. Increase oven heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and return mandlebrodt to the oven. Toast until edges become golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 192 cal
- 8.6 g
- 26.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This exact recipe just came in Cooking Light magazine for December '09. I made it and it's very good...." See more"
"This was the first time I've made a biscotti type of cookie. Turned out both tasting good and very nice to look at! I made them per the recipe and have them in an air tight container to take to the Ke..." See morea'au Christmas parade next week. Along with some peppermint schnapps to put in the hot coco!! Yummy"
Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.