Cranberry Apple Pie III47 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A delicious twist to the traditional apple pie! Wonderful when served warm with vanilla ice cream.” - by Carolyn
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, mix together white sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and salt. Stir in cranberries and maple syrup. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly. When mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir apples into simmering mixture, and continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until apples are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in walnuts. Pour apple mixture into pie shell; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar, and melted butter. Mix well, and sprinkle over apple filling.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 553 cal
- 19.1 g
- 92.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (47)Rate This Recipe
"I make this pie every year for Thanksgiving and its wonderful. I use quick oats instead of breadcrumbs in the topping and less flour. Similar to the topping for an apple crisp. If you like tradition..." See moreal apple pie, you will love this!"
"This was a great recipe. I was looking for something a little different from your traditional cranberry apple pie and this definately fit the bill. I altered the recipe a little bit, these are the t..." See morehings I changed: - I used about 1/2 of the sugar called for (it was sweet enough like that) - I used 1/3 cup maple syrup to give it a little more maple taste - I used pecans instead of walnuts - I didn't use the topping, but topped it with another pie crust. I did not have any problems with it being too much as some of the other reviews, it was just the right size. Even my husband who doesn't like cranberries liked this pie! Thanks for sharing!"
"Amazing and Scrumptious!!! This recipe made it to my all-time favorites collection. I can't help but vary a recipe, so I added a sprinkling of cinnamon to the topping, and replaced some of the bread..." See morecrumbs with wheatgerm (for a little extra nutrition). YUM! By the way, though, the recipe makes enough topping for 2 pies and since I used large Granny Smith apples, there was enough filling for 2 pies as well."
Apple Crumb Pie
Crumb Apple Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.