Cranberry Cream Pie II7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This pie has a graham cracker and pecan crust with a cream cheese layer underneath a cranberry topping. I make it every Thanksgiving and it's a big hit. I am always asked for copies of this recipe.” - by Stacy
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and chopped pecans. Mix well, then stir in melted butter or margarine. Mix until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Press mixture into pan. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- To Make Cream Cheese Filling: In medium mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in confectioners' sugar. Scrape sides of bowl. Add vanilla extract. Add orange liqueur if desired. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon filling into cooled crust. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and chill at least 3 hours.
- To Make Cranberry Topping: In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, 1 cup white sugar, and 1 tablespoon water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil and cranberries begin to pop. Remove from heat. Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water together in a small bowl, until smooth, then stir into cranberry mixture. Return pan to heat. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Spread cranberry topping over cream cheese filling. Chill pie thoroughly before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 533 cal
- 34.1 g
- 53.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Was very good, made the cranberry topping with orange juice instead of water. Was delicious!..." See more"
"Instead of one crust, I put my filling into the individual graham cracker pie crusts... I also added a little brown sugar to my cranberry mixture. This was absolutely delicious and got lots of compli..." See morements at our Christmas celebration!"
"This pie was very good! I made it for Thanksgiving and there was absolutely nothing left. After reading the other reviews, I made sure to whip the cream cream and whipping cream really well before mix..." See moreing them together and I think that made the difference because my cream cheese mixture was good and firm. Also I added some pecans in-between the two layers which was a nice addition."
Crustless Cranberry Pie
Cranberry Cream Pie I
Just swipe to see more like this.