Christmas Baklava0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 22 min
- Ready In: 37 min
“This is a variation on pralines. Use cinnamon and nutmeg to taste, and dust a little powdered sugar on top. Yum!” - by Shane
Original recipe yields 45 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Stir the pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl until evenly blended. Drizzle in the honey and vanilla, mixing well.
- Place the brown sugar substitute, white sugar substitute, evaporated milk, and butter in a pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, 12 to 15 minutes. Gradually stir in the pecan mixture. Remove from heat.
- Unroll 3 sheets of phyllo and place in the prepared baking pan. Dust lightly with flour. Spoon a thin layer of the pecan-sugar mixture over the phyllo sheets. Cover with 3 more phyllo sheets, dust with flour, and spoon the pecan-sugar mixture over the phyllo. Repeat three more times ending with phyllo sheets on top, and using all the phyllo and pecan-sugar mixture to make a stack about 1 inch high.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely before dusting with confectioners' sugar, and cutting into 2 inch squares.
Amount Per Serving (45 total)
- 231 cal
- 9.3 g
- 30.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Just swipe to see more like this.