Butter Tarts I14 Reviews
“These fruit and nut filled tarts are a great favorite. Dates may be used in place of raisins if preferred.” - by Sue
Original recipe yields 12 tarts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 3-inch tart pans.
- Roll out pastry and fit carefully into greased tart tins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then beat in brown sugar. Stir in vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix well, then stir in melted butter. Fold in raisins or dates and chopped nuts.
- Carefully spoon mixture into tart shells. Place tins on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until set.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 373 cal
- 22.8 g
- 40.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"Flavor is very good I found when filling tart shells that the raisins were not eveny shared in tart, so putting raisins in shells before filling is a better way. I also plumped the raisins in a little..." See more brandy for special treat."
"The flavor of these butter tarts is quite nice. Next time I make them, I will cut the baking time back because my husband prefers his butter tarts quite a bit softer...." See more"
Canadian Butter Tarts
Just swipe to see more like this.