Pilgrim Pumpkin Pie90 Reviews
“My husband never liked pumpkin pie until he tasted mine. I don't know what makes mine so different but here is the recipe. White sugar may be used in place of honey.” - by Fern
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- To Make Pastry: In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 2 teaspoons salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, 1 egg, and ice water. Pour into flour mixture and stir until dough forms a ball. Divide into 4 portions. Freeze 3 of them or use for other pies. Reserve one for Pilgrim Pumpkin Pie.
- To Make Pumpkin Filling: In a large bowl, combine 2 beaten eggs, pumpkin, 3/4 cup honey or sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, cloves, and evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Roll out pastry and fit into a 9 inch pie plate. Pour in pumpkin filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake an additional 45 minutes, until filling is set.
- To Make Honey Ginger Cream: In a large bowl combine whipping cream, 1/4 cup honey, and 1/2 teaspoon ginger. Whip until soft peaks form. Chill 1 hour before serving. Place a spoonful on top of each slice of pie.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 1077 cal
- 73.1 g
- 96.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (90)Rate This Recipe
"I didn't make the crust from scratch, used a store bought crust. This pie has a heavy ginger taste, so next time I will add a little nutmeg and a little more cinnamon (just a personal preference). ..." See more I love the honey addition, but I have a serious sweet tooth, and next time I will add a little sugar in addition to the honey. Good recipe, thanks."
"This is the best pumpkin pie I have ever made and eaten. I have read others reviews who stated it wasn't sweet enough and needed to add extra sugar. I disagree, this pie is very sweet. I used cream..." See moreed honey instead of liquid honey and maybe that made the difference, but any more sweetness and it would've been too much. I did add in some extra all spice and nutmeg as that is my taste."
Homemade Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.