Marinated Tofu15 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 45 min
“This is just a simple but very tasty recipe for a tofu dish.” - by lovefood
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine the soy sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Add tofu slices; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Keep hot.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove tofu from marinade, place on a baking sheet. Reserve marinade.
- Toast the sesame seeds by placing them in a dry skillet over medium heat. Stir seeds constantly until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Immediately remove toasted seeds from pan to prevent burning. Reserve.
- Bake the tofu in the preheated oven until hot and cooked to your liking, approximately 8 minutes. Drizzle tofu with remaining marinade.
- Divide rice between 2 bowls, top with baked tofu, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 477 cal
- 8.1 g
- 87.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Perfect - I was looking for a simple tofu marinade and this worked just great. Plus, I had never baked tofu in the oven before and I loved it - I think I will always cook it this way! Thank you so m..." See moreuch this was great. I had to make some changes b/c I didn't have all the ingredients and I added some veggies - but I will definitely try this one as is when I get more honey - Yum!"
"The tofu absorbed too much marinade and it was very salty. Our family prefers a crispier tofu and this was quite soggy after being baked. Not what we were looking for...." See more"
He Jia Tuan Yuan (Tofu Ball Soup for Lunar Chinese New Year)
Broiled, Marinated Tofu Sandwich
Just swipe to see more like this.