Hannah's Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Pie16 Reviews
“Caramel Apple Pie with a delicious twist! Named after my beautiful new niece, born on the same day I created this recipe.” - by Steve Hill
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll out pastry and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour. Mix well. Add apples to cream cheese mixture and stir until apples are evenly coated. Add brown sugar mixture to apple mixture gradually, stirring after each addition.
- Pour half of apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Place caramel circle over top, then pour in remaining apple mixture. Cover with second pastry. Seal edges and cut steam vent in top. Sprinkle with coarse/turbinado sugar. Place pie on baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. If you notice overbrowning after 25 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This was indeed a very good pie and quickly devoured by everyone! I made some changes based on the other reviews and the pie came out perfect. I like cinnamon so I did not change any of the spices, fo..." See morer me it was perfect. I cut the cream cheese and the powdered sugar in half (I had to heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften enough to blend with the sugar) Also I used 8 cups of sliced apples rather than 6. This way the filling was not so runny. I didn't have the turbinado sugar so I simply sprinkled the top crust with a bit of cinnamon and sugar. I used a deep dish pie plate and increased the baking time by 10 additional minutes due to the extra apples. It did not leak or run over on the cookie sheet at all. In fact it baked to perfection. This is not a pie to serve right out of the oven, let it sit for about an hour to allow the filling to thicken. I'll be sure to make this again, thanks for the recipe! This might also be a great pie to add a crumb topping too like a dutch applepie. A mix of oatmeal, nuts, flour, brown sugar and butter would make a delicious addition to this yummy fall treat."
"Great Tasting! However, next time I'll cut the brown sugar and spices in half. Plain caramel squares cut up into pieces works fine for this too!..." See more"
"This was really delicious, but I'm not sure where I went wrong.... We've been calling this "pie soup" at my house. As soon as the first slice was out, the rest of the filling leaked out all over the ..." See morepie plate. It's impossible to eat! What you can get, though, is very yummy. Flavour is just perfect."
Caramel Apple Pie II
Apple Cream Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.