Shoofly Pie II7 Reviews
“This version of the classic pie has delightful hints of nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.” - by Karen Melson
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- To Make Crumb Filling: In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Mix well, then cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- To Make Molasses Filling: In a medium bowl, combine baking soda, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Mix well, then stir in molasses. Pour in hot water and mix until smooth.
- Sprinkle a layer of crumb filling into pastry shell. Cover with a layer of molasses filling. Alternate layers of crumb and molasses fillings, ending with crumb filling on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 418 cal
- 11.9 g
- 76 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"WoW! If I could give this ten stars I would. This is soo good. Better than any other Shoofly pie I've ever had. One of the best pies I've ever made. This will definitely be a regular for the holidays...." See more I would suggest cutting back on the crumb mixture, I had a ton left over. Also, I sprinkled a cinnamon/clove mixture generously on top of the pie before I baked it. Thank you for sharing Karen, I love this recipe!"
"This is simply the BEST Shoo-fly pie. Don't look any further! I use butter instead of shortening in the crumb mixture...." See more"
Shoofly Pie III
My Grandma's Shoo-Fly Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.