Blueberry Bake5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This low fat, low sugar dessert is great made with blackberries, too! Preparation time: 20 minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.” - by Robyn Webb
Original recipe yields 1 - 8x11 inch baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- To Make Biscuit Topping: In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Mix well then stir in buttermilk just until all ingredients are moistened and dough forms a ball. Set aside.
- To Make Berry Filling: In a large saucepan combine honey, 1 tablespoon sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, water, and lemon juice. Mix until smooth, then add berries. Simmer over medium heat, stirring gently, until thickened (about 10 minutes). Spoon berry mixture into an 8x11 inch nonstick casserole dish.
- Drop biscuit dough onto berry mixture by tablespoonfuls.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 150 cal
- 0.7 g
- 35.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"The blueberries were WONDERFUL! But the biscuit topping was not on a par with the rest- Kind of chewy and doughy...." See more"
"This was AWFUL! Both my husband and I did not like this recipe. I really had high hope for this recipe but the I think the combination of cinnamon and blueberries just do not mix. Then the flavor of t..." See morehe biscuit was less than desired. I sure will not be making this one again."
Pineapple Cinnamon Stuffed Acorn Squash
Just swipe to see more like this.