Potato Pouches13 Reviews
“These are sliced potatoes made in foil pouches with spices. Try adding sliced yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, or just fiddle with the recipe until you find something you like.” - by Karen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut four 8x12 inch sheets aluminum foil.
- Slice each potato into 1/4 inch slices and lay in an overlapping fashion in 2 columns on each sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place several rings of onion on top of the potatoes. Mix together the oregano, parsley, basil, salt and pepper; sprinkle to taste over onion and potato. Top with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Create the pouch by take the long sides of the aluminum foil and join at the top and fold down. The ends just get folded over.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or cook on a grill over medium-high heat.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 382 cal
- 12 g
- 61.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"My boyfriend and I loved this dish....very tasty. I like this recipe because it offers lots of options by changing vegetables and spices. The changes I made were rather simple....I added an entire sli..." See moreced up zucchini an entire sliced up summer squash. Then I doubled the amount of spices and butter. Finally, there is no really no need to make individual pouches, just get a Reynold's Wrap Hot Bag and put it all in one. The only thing I would do differently next time is to cut the potatoes smaller so I could decrease the cooking time as the squash and zucchini cook quickly. I think next time I am going to throw some whole mushrooms in there as well and maybe some parmesan cheese. I can't wait!"
"I make this ALL the time. I try to slice the potatoes as thinly as I can so none will be underdone. I also use completely different seasonings: a dash of worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasone..." See mored salt, grated parmesan, or whatever I'm in the mood for!"
Roasted New Red Potatoes
Red Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.