Coffee Liqueur Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce25 Reviews
“This is a knockout variation on a popular dessert!” - by FRANCESCA DILORENZO
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish. Set aside. Toss bread cubes with melted butter, and place half of them in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cherries or pecans. Top with remaining buttered bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla, almond extract and salt. Heat milk and coffee liqueur in a small saucepan, then whisk into egg mixture. Pour mixture over bread. Press gently, to moisten the bread cubes. Let stand 30 minutes. Press bread cubes down again. Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle mixture over pudding.
- To make the Caramel Sauce: In a 2 quart saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup to a boil. Stir until smooth. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over moistened bread cubes.
- Place baking dish in a larger baking pan. Pour some boiling water in the large pan halfway up the side of the smaller baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 667 cal
- 26.5 g
- 83.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"I'm confused as to how this is getting a five star rating from anyone. Great idea, but it's waaaay to soggy. If your going to make this, take the advice from the person that used a 16 oz loaf of bre..." See moread AND use much less Kaluha. It was way too strong using a cup. Soggy is an understatement -- if you follow the directions the way they are stated, your bread pudding will be more like an alcoholic bread soup!"
"This recipe is great!! I double the bread though. Also when I was out of coffee liquor I substituted rum (dark rum works best) but only about 1/2-3/4 of a cup b/c otherwise it is too strong. Make up t..." See morehe rest of the liquid with more milk. Everytime I go to a pot luck I am asked to bring my bread pudding!!"
"This was the best recipe for bread pudding! I've made it a few times and added extra goodies. I used 16 oz of french bread instead of 8. I found 8 to be a bit too soggy. I used twice as many pecans an..." See mored added some rasins. I think I may cut back a bit on the Kaluah next time. I also reheated the leftovers in a toaster oven instead of the microwave. It kept the toping crisp."
Bread Pudding I
Maple Caramel Bread Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.