Shepherd's Pie IV23 Reviews
“Shepherd's Pie is a wonderful 'company meal' to share or to send for my husband's lunches. We like to pack it in disposable containers and share it with home bound friends who are recovering from an illness or with our grandma. Since everything is in one container, it is easy to transport and hearty to eat. If desired, replace the chives with parsley.” - by Kathleen Enick
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10x15x2 inch baking dish.
- Place ground sirloin in a large skillet over medium heat and saute 1 minute. Add chopped onion and continue to cook until meat is no longer pink and onion is beginning to brown. Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
- Top meat layer with green beans and cauliflower. Sprinkle cheese over vegetables, then spread evenly with cream of mushroom soup.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover them with water and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- To potatoes add softened cream cheese and butter or margarine. Whip until all ingredients are combined. Pour in milk and continue to whip until potatoes are smooth and fluffy. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Spread potatoes over soup layer. Sprinkle lightly with chives.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 564 cal
- 28.2 g
- 51.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe worked well. However, I did make some changes. I used the serving converter and made enough for 5 people. I substituted frozen corn for the cauliflower and I omitted the cream cheese from ..." See morethe mashed potatoes. Someone else complained about the milk not being enough for the mashed potatoes. Honestly I didn't even look at those measurements. I just made real mashed potatoes the way I always do (and I never measure there either) and it worked just fine, so probably "mashed potatoes to taste" would be a good addition to the recipe. I also forgot to add salt. Even without salt, this dish came out well and it was a hit with the kids (1 and 3). It worked great for finger food for my 1 yr old, and even my husband enjoyed it. It is super easy and a great quick fix meal. I would definitely recommend it, and it will be on our repeat menu as well. I give it four stars, for being a good, balanced, tasty meal. The only reason I wouldn't give it five is because five seems like it ought to be reserved for something really fabulous, ingenious, or out of the ordinary."
"I found this recipe as I sought to rid the fridge of a head of aging cauliflower. It was delicious- preferable to the recipe not containing the cauliflower. I did omit the cream cheese in the recipe, ..." See moreand everything turned our wonderfully! Thanks!"
"This recipe was very, very, good. It made wonderful leftovers. The only thing we changed was that we only used two onions, that was plenty. Also, we used real mashed potatoes instead of instant. Bu..." See moret it was a very good recipe that we'll use again when we have company for dinner."
Zippy Shepherd's Pie
Laurie's Shepherd's Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.