No Sugar Apple Pie97 Reviews
“A good pie for the diabetic or for someone watching their weight. Contains no artificial sweeteners!” - by Carolyn
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch, cinnamon, and 1/3 cup of the apple juice concentrate. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan simmer apples with remaining apple juice concentrate until apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture and continue to simmer until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Spoon apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Cover with top crust. Seal and flute edges. Cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 307 cal
- 10.7 g
- 52.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (97)Rate This Recipe
"I didn't want to cook my apples twice because I like my apples very chunky, so I thickened the entire can of apple juice with the cornstarch and stirred in it cinnamon. I put the apples in the crust ..." See moreand just glopped the apple concentrate mixture on top and then covered it with the top crust. I baked it for 1 hour at 350 and it turned out wonderful. So if you don't want mushy apples, that is a good way to do it."
"Carolyn, I am SOOOOO picky when it comes to apple pie. In fact, I only like my mom's! Hers is the standard I measure by. Well, my aunt came to visit us last night from another state, and she is dia..." See morebetic, so I skeptically looked up no-sugar-added recipes. I saw how great your reviews were, so I decided to make it. FANTASTIC! Just as the other comments said, not only did she like it, so did everyone else! My dad and husband are just as loyal to my mom's apple pie as me, but they both said this was AWESOME! I hope you have more recipes like this one :) Note: I used my Mom's "Never Fail Pie Crust" recipe, which is the BEST. I will post it on this site!"
"Yummy. This turned out great. The only thing is my Husband is a diabetic and the concentrated juice is also considered a very high sugar so I decided to try it with just regular apple juice and it s..." See moretill turned out great. Oh ya I also used Mac Apples instead of green ones (green ones are a little too tart for me). Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try it with other fruits!! I also made sure to put it into a cholesterol free pie crust so it was low in cholesterol too."
Sunday's Apple Pie
Crumb Apple Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.