Vanilla Bean Cheesecake41 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 5 hr 45 min
“If you like restaurant vanilla bean cheesecake, then try this! The cookies make this one much more special and far more yummy. Pure vanilla bean extract is a must. I use Tahitian vanilla beans and extract. This also makes more than enough batter for a 10 inch pan, so you can make cupcakes too. ” - by AIMEEBOZ
Original recipe yields 1 -10 inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and lightly butter a 10 inch springform pan.
- Place the sandwich cookies into a plastic bag, and crush with a rolling pin. Pour the crumbs into a bowl, and mix with the scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean. Drizzle the crumbs with melted butter and stir to combine. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan, and set aside.
- Place the softened cream cheese and sugar into the work bowl of an electric mixer, and beat for about 3 minutes on Medium speed, until the mixture is smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, incorporating each egg before adding the next one. Add the scraped seeds of 2 vanilla beans, the vanilla extract, sour cream, and heavy cream, and beat on Medium-High speed for about 1 minute, until the mixture is blended and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cookie crumb crust, leaving about 2 inches of space from the top of the pan for the cake to expand as it bakes.
- Place a baking dish onto the bottom rack of the preheated oven, and fill it halfway with boiling water. Place the cheesecake onto the middle rack, above the pan of boiling water, and bake until a small knife inserted into the middle of the cheesecake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake cool down inside the oven for 1 hour. Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 538 cal
- 35.8 g
- 47.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (41)Rate This Recipe
"I'm giving this 4 stars only because I changed so many things about it. The main part is that I used 1/2 mascarpone and 1/2 cream cheese. Also, if you're going to bother using real vanilla beans, do..." See moren't throw vanilla extract in there (which is likely not that high quality anyway), just use about 5 vanilla beans, and you're fine. And if you actually want to TASTE the cheesiness, then use 1/2 the sugar recommended. Using 1/2 & 1/2 instead of heavy cream also doesn't take a way from the flavor, and keeps the flavor lighter."
"I am not a big fan of Cheesecakes but was asked to make one. I choose this recipe and it turned out great. The only thing I would change the next time is to add more vanilla bean or extract...." See more"
"I'm rating the actual cheesecake part because I went with a traditional graham cracker crust instead of the vanilla sandwich cookie crust. I had just found a super good buy on fresh vanilla beans an..." See mored was searching for the perfect recipe to showcase them. This is the recipe I chose and it is delicious! It's a somewhat dense cheesecake - not light or fluffy in any way. Even though I put the seeds of 3 whole vanilla beans into my cheesecake batter, the telltale black specks were not evident. But even so, the flavor was out of this world. I must comment on the baking time though. My cheesecake ended up being in the oven for close to 2 hours even though the recipe states 1 hour 20 minutes. I was so worried it would be dry but I shouldn't have worried. I turned off the oven when the very middle of the cheesecake was only slightly still jiggly and then left it in the turned off oven, with the oven door ajar, for another hour. Then I wrapped it well (still in the unmolded springform pan) in plastic wrap and placed it in the fridge overnight. Let me add that after it had cooled all night the middle was slightly lower than the sides so it wasn't the prettiest cheesecake and I'm not sure what caused that sinking but it didn't effect the texture or flavor. In fact, the texture of the cheesecake was very even throughout - whether next to the crust or in the middle of the cake. I topped mine with a lovely seedless raspberry sauce. Delicious!"
Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake
Guinness(R) and Chocolate Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.