Honey Crunch Pecan Pie207 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is the winner of First Place in the Nut Category, as well as winner of the Best of Show award for the American Pie Council's 2000 National Pie Championship.” - by Sarah Spaugh
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, mix together flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add water and vinegar. Cut together until mixture will hold together. Press dough into a ball and flour each side lightly. Wrap in plastic and chill for 20 minutes. Roll out between wax paper into a circle 1/8 inch thick and press into 9 inch pie pan.
- To Make Filling: In a large bowl, combine eggs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla extract, and chopped pecans. Add bourbon if desired. Mix well. Spoon mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and cover edges of pastry with aluminum foil. Return to oven for 20 minutes.
- To Make Topping: Combine 1/3 cup brown sugar, butter or margarine, and honey in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves - about 2 minutes. Add pecans. Stir just until coated. Spoon topping evenly over pie.
- Keep foil on edges of pastry and return pie to oven for an additional 10 to 20 minutes, until topping is bubbly and golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 848 cal
- 53.6 g
- 88.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (207)Rate This Recipe
"This is the BEST pecan pie recipe I have ever tried. I made 2- one to take for Thanksgiving and one to keep for myself. The first pie was in a glass pan and was beautiful with perfect consistancy. I o..." See morenly had a foil pan for the second and it turned out undercooked. I suggest using a glass pie dish for a perfect pie."
"I originally wrote in saying that my filling had the consistency of scrambled eggs but since I liked the taste so much I still made it for thanksgiving. Anticipating the "eggy" problem, I noticed my ..." See morefilling was not smooth when I was getting ready to pour it into the pie crust, therefore I strained the filling and it came out perfect! Everyone loved it. Thanks!"
"i have made this pie so many times and thought it was about time i gave it a proper review:). obviously... since i have made it a million times... i LOVE this recipe. the crust is easy to work with ..." See moreand the filling is so yummy... i sometimes use all brown sugar for my filling. but what makes the pie is the topping. the honey topping puts this pie above other pecan pies. i have made the topping by itself to serve with apple pie, banana cheesecake, ice cream, etc. but for this i add a little cream or milk to thin the sauce before i add the pecans because otherwise when it cools it's like hard toffee. please people... make this pie:)."
Irresistible Pecan Pie
Perfect Pecan Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.