Chicken-Cherry Pie5 Reviews
“Sounds strange, but makes a wonderful casserole style pie.” - by Ruth
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Unroll phyllo dough and lay a slightly damp dishtowel over it. Carefully lift one sheet of dough from stack and fit into greased casserole dish. Brush sheet of dough very lightly with melted butter or margarine. Repeat process with 9 more sheets of phyllo dough. Keep unused dough covered with damp towel as much as possible, to prevent drying out. Cover phyllo-lined dish with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Place a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Pour olive oil into pan. Saute onion until limp, approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic and chicken, and saute until chicken is browned on the outside and cooked through.
- Add ginger, capers, creme fraiche, chili sauce, curry powder, and salt and pepper to skillet. Stir in cherries, then taste to check seasoning. Simmer until cherries are heated through.
- Remove plastic wrap from casserole dish and pour in chicken mixture. Cover mixture with a sheet of phyllo dough. Brush very lightly with melted butter or margarine. Repeat process with 9 more sheets of phyllo. Brush top layer of phyllo with butter or margarine, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 761 cal
- 53 g
- 56.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"The parm on our dish burned a bit, so I think I should have covered after 10 mins in the oven. We didn't have creme fraiche on hand, so I substitued 1 1/3 cups of sour cream, 1/3 cup of plain yogurt,..." See more 1/3 cup whipping cream and 2 T of brown sugar and healthy dash of salt (another cooking site recipe). We doubled the curry, and it was just delicious!"
"Great "Company" recipe. Our dinner guests were very impressed and my husband asked if we could have this dish be our new "holiday dinner" recipe...." See more"
Chicken Pot Pie I
Holiday Chicken Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.