Mexican-Style Spaghetti and Meatballs15 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“It's your classic Italian entree with a Mexican kick! The crumbled corn tostadas, chili powders, chili peppers, and chipotle peppers are the difference from your run-of-the-mill meatballs and sauce. The lean turkey makes it very healthy!” - by Sachin K.
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a sheet of aluminum foil onto a baking sheet, and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Place the ground turkey into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the Mexican chili powder, guajillo chile powder, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Add the egg, olive oil, chopped onion, jalapeno pepper, and Anaheim pepper. Mix well with your hands until evenly blended, then sprinkle with the tostada crumbs and bread crumbs. Mix again until the bread crumbs are incorporated. Form the meatball mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meatballs have lightly browned and are no longer pink in the center, about 40 minutes. Turn the meatballs over after 20 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the spaghetti and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- After you have flipped the meatballs, stir together the diced tomatoes, diced onion, chipotle chile, spaghetti sauce, and taco seasoning in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until the onion is tender.
- Once the meatballs are ready, stir them into the sauce, and cook 5 minutes longer. Spoon the meatballs and sauce over the spaghetti to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 595 cal
- 15.2 g
- 83.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Really tastes different that your standard spag & meatballs -- has a killer kick! I added cumin to the meatballs and sauce, b/c if it's Mexican I feel ya gotta have the cumin, and also added a diced ..." See morejalapeno to the sauce. Great variance to a weeknight staple!"
"I forgot to add that 3-5 cloves minced garlic should be added to the ground meat mixture. Enjoy!..." See more"
Soup Loving Nicole
"I made this exactly as written and garnished with cilantro and loved it. I could not find guajillo powder but I did find whole dried guajillo chile's in my Hispanic section. Before tossing them in my ..." See moreold coffee grinder for powder I sliced them open and removed the seeds. I decided to dig a hole and toss the seeds in my garden a couple of weeks ago and I have a couple dozen pepper plants coming up. Not sure what will become of them but it was fun. This Mexican twist was a nice change from your every day spaghetti. Thanks for sharing!"
Mozzarella-Stuffed Pesto Turkey Meatballs
Jenn's Out Of This World Spaghetti and Meatballs
Just swipe to see more like this.