Balsamic Chicken Breasts24 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This low-fat chicken dinner is easy to prepare.” - by stefychefy
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet; drizzle olive oil over potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar over the breasts; season with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the potatoes in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes; place the dish with the chicken in the oven and cook both the potatoes an chicken another 20 minutes; flip both the potatoes and chicken; reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake another 20 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Place the chicken breasts atop the potatoes; drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar to serve.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 379 cal
- 8.5 g
- 44.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"This basic recipe ends up too vinegary and rubbery. I took the base ingredients and tweaked the steps to make a better dish. - Marinate Chicken in 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 T low sodium soy sauc..." See moree, salt, pepper. Grill, pan fry, or bake - however you prefer your chicken. - Make a sweet potato mash with salt and pepper, and 1 t of brown sugar. - Make a balsamic reduction of 1/2 cup vinegar (or more if you want to batch). I like to add 1 T of butter and 1 t of brown sugar to my reduction. - Lay your cooked chicken on top of the sweet potato mash, and lightly drizzle with your reduction. Tasty!"
"the easiest way to make balsamic chicken is to use the first half cup as an overnight marinade, then bake the chicken (or grill it) then return pour the other half cup to serve. It is especially wonde..." See morerful cold the next day and cut up into a salad. As for this recipe, baking chicken breasts at 400 covered for 40 minutes is way too much time. The breasts will stew or be rubbery, sometimes both. Easier to pan fry covered about ten minutes on each side with a medium to low flame."
"My husband loved it! Chicken was sooo tender and flavorful. I put brown sugar and soy sauce into balsamic vinegar. I only baked chicken for 30 min and kept heat on 400. I also used regular potatoes..." See more because I didn't have sweet potatoes and served plain broccoli as a side. I will definitely make this again!"
Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cornbread Dressing
Balsamic Marinated Chicken Breasts
Just swipe to see more like this.