Chocolate Hazelnut Tart4 Reviews
“I just can't get enough of that smooth chocolate hazelnut spread. If you can't find chocolate hazelnut spread, or if for some inexplicable reason don't like it, you can substitute creamy peanut butter.” - by Gypsy
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter or margarine, brown sugar, and honey. Add egg and blend until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix thoroughly, then add to sugar mixture. Stir until well combined. Divide dough in half.
- With floured fingers press one half of dough into bottom of greased pie plate. Place pie plate in freezer and place other half of dough in refrigerator.
- After 20 minutes, remove pie plate from freezer. Spread chocolate hazelnut spread over frozen dough.
- Roll out remaining dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Fit dough on top of chocolate hazelnut layer and press firmly on edges to seal.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then cut into 8 slices. Allow tart to cool completely in pie plate before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 483 cal
- 20.9 g
- 69.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I'm not so much criticing the filling... it's the crust! I have always hated tarts because of the crust. They always remind me of sawdust held together with elmers glue. Not this one. It has flav..." See moreor, texture... style! I use it for all of my tarts. Thank you for showing me they don't all have to be awful... that they can actually be really, really good."
"I needed a recipe to use up chocolate hazelnut spread, this was it. Kids gobbled it up. I was afraid of using a glass pie dish from freezer to oven, so I used the foil pie plates instead. I also didn'..." See moret have any whole wheat flour on hand, I just used all purpose. Thanks for sharing Gypsy"
Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Scones
Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.