Venison Mostaccioli Casserole5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 3 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 23 min
“Have a freezer full of venison? This wholesome recipe is perfect for using your pre-packaged ground venison meat. My three and six-year-olds love it, and it isn't gamey tasting at all!!” - by IronChefLaurie
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve pasta.
- Meanwhile, place the olive oil into a skillet set over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the venison and cook until crumbled and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain, if necessary. Stir in the tomato sauce, basil, and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and turn off the heat.
- Assemble the casserole by spooning a layer of the venison sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the sauce with Parmesan cheese, and layer with cooked pasta. Top with the sauce, layer with pasta, and half of the Mozzarella. Repeat the layers to use the remaining ingredients, ending with a layer of Mozzarella cheese. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil cover and bake until the cheese topping is light gold, about 10 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 417 cal
- 11.9 g
- 47.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I've made this recipe at least 6 times since I found it on-line. I used Venison the first time but now use ground combo Beef/Pork . Wonderful...." See more"
"I've never liked the taste of vinsion and usually refuse to eat it, but this recipe was to die for! I made a few minor changes: instead of using tomato suace, i used a jar of Ragu traditional spaghett..." See morei sauce. I didn't have basil on hand, so i used 1/4 tsp. of oregano instead. I also used 1/4 lb of ground beef mixed in with the venison meat to cut the gamey taste. It was awesome! It went so fast too. Serve with garlic bread and it's a meal fit for a king!"
Savory Venison Meatloaf
Hunter's Venison Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.