Sophie's Shepherds Pie9 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“This is a hearty English meal, made with lamb mince, hence the name! Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make, you'll enjoy making it! This is a 'larder cupboard' recipe, which means you can substitute for whatever you have handy in the cupboard!” - by SophieScott
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until tender enough to pierce with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain and mash with butter and milk to your desired texture.
- Meanwhile, crumble the ground lamb into a large skillet. Cook and stir until no longer pink. Season with Worcestershire sauce and beef bouillon. Add the mushrooms and onion; continue to cook and stir until tender. Transfer the contents of the skillet to a large casserole dish.
- Mix the baked beans, diced tomatoes, gravy mix and carrots in with the lamb. Dollop big blobs of mashed potatoes over the top and carefully spread evenly to cover the entire top. Rake over it with a fork to create a crispy texture on top when it browns.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is browned and crisp.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1144 cal
- 57.9 g
- 103.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Oh so good! Didn't look like it would be but it was amazing! I would have started the meat before the potatoes though as it took longer. I also used beef since I had it on hand, corn instead of carrot..." See mores, added a little extra worcestershire sauce and used the IKEA meatball gravy mix. The whole family was quiet while gobbling it down. The 2 yr old came back after dinner to clean her plate and the picky 5 yr old asked for more!"
"Yeah, its shepherds pie, so its not the most exotic thing you can put on the table. But it is quick, easy, and one of the most flavorful shepherds pie I have had. I did use all "optional" ingredients ..." See moreto put as much flavor in as possible. Long story short - quick, easy, tasty. If the family doesn't like it let them cook for themselves!"
Traditional Style Vegan Shepherd's Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.