Strata with Breakfast Strips and Gorgonzola1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 9 hr 15 min
“Shake up your weekday routine with unique tastes and savory flavors. Like this Strata with Breakfast Strips and Gorgonzola - veggie bacon layered with bread, eggs, veggies and tangy Gorgonzola cheese.” - by Morningstar Farms®
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices. Place bread on baking sheet and lightly toast. Set aside.
- Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Veggie Breakfast Bacon Strips per package instructions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In medium bowl stir together eggs, milk, ricotta cheese, Gorgonzola cheese and red pepper.
- In small bowl combine tomato, onions and rosemary.
- In 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray arrange bread slices in single layer. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over bread slices. Sprinkle MORNINGSTAR FARMS Veggie Breakfast Bacon Strips over tomato mixture. Pour egg mixture over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I like this recipe pretty well. I had all the ingredients on hand so I decided to make it for breakfast. I made a few minor changes- there's no way I could fit a whole loaf of bread into the recipe, ..." See moreso I used half a loaf. Double the amount of veggie bacon(I'll add even more next time. Added a few TBS of nutritional yeast flakes for extra nutrition, and instead of 6 whole eggs, used 4 whole plus 4 egg whites, to cut down on cholesterol. Hubby and I enjoyed this enough to probably make again, however it didn't wow us. It also doesn't look too pretty, so I probably wouldn't serve it to guests. Next time, I'll add more veggie bacon, and probably do only 1/2 c ricotta and 1 c gorgonozola instead, also use whole wheat bread instead of french to make it healthier, and probably add some Lawry's. Overall, it's pretty enjoyable and a nice change from a bowl of cereal every morning. "
Just swipe to see more like this.