Crispy Kung Pao Chicken19 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is an easy recipe. The chicken is extra crispy with out being greasy and the sauce is excellent. Serve with hot cooked white rice.” - by tristin
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Heat 1 quart of vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or electric skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Toss chicken with beaten egg in a bowl until coated. Place the panko in a shallow dish, then drop the egg coated chicken pieces into the panko one at a time, and roll to coat; set aside.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the chicken to drain on a paper towel, and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Stir in garlic, ginger, green onion, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until the garlic and ginger begin to turn golden brown, then pour in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Dissolve cornstarch in water, then stir into the boiling sauce to thicken. Cook and stir until the sauce clears, about 45 seconds.
- Toss the fried chicken with the sauce and peanuts in the wok to serve.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 1018 cal
- 71.3 g
- 67.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"This was pretty good. The panko breadcrumbs gave it a nice crunch, and the sauce was nice and spicy. We didn't mix the sauce in with the chicken. Instead, we poured it over the chicken and rice. I th..." See moreink in the future I would cut back on the rice vinegar by about 2 Tbs. (The vinegar flavor was a little too intense.) I'd also either cut back on the cornstarch or add more water, as it got a little too thick. After a few minor adjustments, this would be a great recipe! "
"We LOVED this recipe. We eat Asian quite often but this was my first attempt cooking it(other then stirfry) Used this recipe because it was crispy we were not disappointed, easy to follow urned out gr..." See moreeat. The ingredients were easier to find then i expected as well. The sauce does have an intense vinegar flavor otherwise i would have given it five stars. Also when i made it we were out of corn starch i subed flour and cut back a little since people said it was to thick my consistency was right on! I also took the spiciness up a notch extra chile paste and red peperfakes..we like it HOT! Next time gonna reduce vinegar and use the crispy chicken section with the sauce from the other kung pao recipe for fun. But this is good...worth trying!"
"Great recipe. I make this recipe WAY easier but omitting steps 1-3 and using pre-packaged breaded popcorn chicken and cooking it in the oven before frying. Believe me, it tastes wonderful! Also, next ..." See moretime I will add more ginger, red pepper flakes, and garlic to the sauce because it wasn't quite flavorful enough for me. But still, great recipe!"
Perfect Sesame Chicken
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wontons
Just swipe to see more like this.