Strawberry Tiramisu for Two53 Reviews
“Tiramisu is Italian for 'pick me up'. This light, roll your eyes, taste bud tantalizer has become a traditional wedding anniversary dessert treat that I've been making for my husband and me for 17 years. You might call it a happy hubby dessert! This is my easy version of a classic with the elimination of raw eggs and a wonderful fresh strawberry layer and puree base. It's delicioso! It is made to accommodate two extra large portions.” - by LMSM
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Cut off the tops of the strawberries and slice the berries. Reserve 2 large whole berries for garnish.
- In a blender, place 2 cups of strawberries and 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar; blend to puree and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, 1/4 cup cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and liqueur; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until thickened.
- Place 6 ladyfingers on a serving plate and brush each with approximately 1 teaspoon cold espresso coffee. Spread or pipe out 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers, and layer with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Repeat with the next 6 ladyfingers, espresso, remaining cheese mixture, and sliced strawberries; top with remaining 6 ladyfingers.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until just whipped, approximately 1 minute. Spread cream evenly over top layer of ladyfingers.
- Dust cocoa over whipped cream, and garnish with 2 reserved strawberries. Pour strawberry puree onto two serving plates. Cut tiramisu in half, and place onto puree.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 638 cal
- 41.9 g
- 55.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (53)Rate This Recipe
"The result is very good but only if you make an adjustment. The recipe calls for one pint of strawberries then has you puree 2 cups (the whole pint)and still have strawberries left over to put between..." See more layers. Instead, puree one cup of strawberries and use the remaining cup to put between layers."
"Delicious and genuine taste. A little too much of the marscapone mixture for me- I would have cut amount by 1/2 to 2/3, and only layered it with two layers of the lady fingers. Also, like everyone e..." See morelse pointed out, you need about 3/2 as much strawberries, for the slice layer and top. The larger pieces make for nice texture- glad I read reviews. The espresso added a lovely flavor to the fingers. Only thing I would now have added would be to put some nice large shavings of dark chocolate on top in addition to cocoa powder. For added wow- a few twirls of edible gold."
"I made this for Valentine's Day dinner as suggested by the Allrecipes Newsletter. Even though the recipe can be hard to follow, I enjoyed it very much. The flavor was amazing and the presentation alon..." See moree looks beautiful. There may be a problem with the number of strawberries called for in the puree, but still having enough remaining for the layering / garnish. I recommend setting aside 5 or 6 strawberries to use in the layering / garnish and using the rest for the puree. I highly recommend this recipe and look forward to making it for guests in the future."
Two Tier Strawberry Pie
Strawberry Cobbler II
Just swipe to see more like this.