Sweet and Sour Tofu Veggies10 Reviews
“Sweet and sour vegetables made with all kind of surprising ingredients. Give it a try, it's delicious!” - by jen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups of the water to a boil over high heat. Add the rice, reduce the heat, and simmer until the rice is tender and water is absorbed, 30 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Remove excess water from the tofu, and then cut it into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, lemon juice, ketchup, maple syrup, tamari, sesame oil, arrowroot, and ginger together.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, green beans, bell pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini and stir-fry until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice mixture, tofu and pineapple. Cook, stirring often, until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Spoon the veggies and sauce over the brown rice and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 666 cal
- 22.8 g
- 94 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe! I marinated the tofu in the pineapple juice, ginger and tamari for about an hour, then drained off the marinade to mix with the other sauce ingredients. I also stir-fried the tofu for a ..." See morefew minutes in a separate skillet before adding it in with everything else, to give it a firmer texture."
"My husband and I agreed that it tastes as good as a restaurant's. I stirfried the tofu a bit before mixing it with the other ingredients. I did not use veg oil. Instead, I used sesame oil...." See more"
"This recipe has very well written directions, and the colors are very pretty, but unfortunately I found the finished dish disappointing. To me the flavor was bland, and there was no hint of sweet or ..." See moresour to it. The only distinguishible flavor was the sesame oil, which I would leave out if I made it again. I chose to omit mushrooms, and did add a can (11 oz.) of mandarin oranges. I used kuzu (kudzu) powder instead of arrowroot, and my sauce did not thicken - probably my fault. If you don't have arrowroot I would recommend going back to cornstarch. I also chose to use Jasmine rice instead of brown. I would also recommend cooking the green beans & carrots briefly in the microwave to cut down on cooking time - mine was way longer than 3-5 minutes. I probably will not make this again."
Sweet and Sour Sauce II
Tofu and Veggies in Peanut Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.