Barbye's Cornbread Dressing18 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a flavorful variation on traditional cornbread dressing. It's delicious even when cold. Try it in a sandwich with leftover turkey!” - by Barbara
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in onions and mushrooms. Cook and stir until mushrooms release liquid and onions soften, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble cornbread and place in large bowl. Tear toast into bite-sized pieces; add to cornbread.
- Add mushrooms and onions, granulated garlic, pepper, egg and white wine. Mix thoroughly; add enough broth to moisten.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- This recipe makes enough to stuff a 12- to 14-pound turkey, with 4 to 5 cups left over. Place excess stuffing in a baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 285 cal
- 9 g
- 39.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"I have been looking for a simple recipe that still tasted like my mother's. I adapted tyhis recipe by adding cream of celery and cream of chicken. I also dropped the wine and mushrooms. I added two..." See more cans of chicken broth, which made it moist. It was delicious! My family could not stop raving over it. They were impressed that it tasted better than my mom's!"
"Yummy! I did a test batch this summer. The kids loved it! It has a rich flavor that is even better the next day...." See more"
Cornbread Dressing I
Oyster and Cornbread Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.